Floating Contact Form Portlet
How do you transport a fully assembled 700 ton ship loader and a 217 ton tripper car safely? Under the careful guidance of the Kuehne+Nagel Project Logistics experts, this technically demanding heavy-lift transportation was executed safely and to the customer’s full satisfaction.
- Extraordinary cargo dimensions: 47 m high ship loader and 23 m high tripper car
- To cope with strong currents, swell and severe environmental conditions in the port of loading and the port of discharge
- Significant deck reinforcements needed to meet the highest safety standards
- High logistical effort due to the small pier facilities in Nantong, China
- Discharge operation under offshore conditions at the port of destination in Far East Russia
The transport took place in autumn 2019. At the beginning, the Kuehne+Nagel Project Logistics team conducted various meetings with all stakeholders to address all challenging factors.
The Engineering team suggested several technical optimisations. E.g., 170 lashing points were incorporated and fitted into the design of the ship loader to improve the handling. The modified design of the lashing points and the replacement of lifting lugs with lifting trunnions resulted in easier access and a reduced lifting height.
The tripper car was divided into two sections to facilitate the safe transport and the lifting. In-house chartering specialists supported the engineering team with their expertise in selecting the best heavy-lift option for the cargo and meeting the port's technical requirements.